Thursday 21 June 2012

Finding your passion

So I'm watching Julie & Julia, I've always wanted to watch this movie both for the story line & the fact that I love Amy Adams as an actress, but it's got me thinking & reflecting on my life (never a good thing might I add).  How do we find that one thing we are truly passionate about?  Both Julie & Julia loved cooking.  Their love & deep desire for food & cooking enriched & transformed their lives into something greater. 

There are many things I enjoy at the moment; coffee, cafe & wine culture, writing, interior decorating (if only I had a house).  Out of all those things I enjoy, the coffee, cafe & wine culture is the one I so wish I had the courage to turn into something more than a whimsical notion & hope for the future.  I admire anyone who has the self-belief & fearlessness to take a leap of faith toward making their dreams a reality. 

I think your true passions become evident when you spend time on your own.  There is something to be said for prolonged periods of singledom.  Whilst more often I find myself getting lonely & envious of the closeness couples share, I am grateful for being able to grow on my own & to accept the person I am.  It is much easier when you're young to be the person you think others will accept, but growing into the real you & not caring what others think of you is truly a gift.  

Understanding yourself & knowing what makes you happy leads you to the passions which guide & fulfill your life.  I know that may sound a bit cheesy & after-school special like, but that's what I believe. 

Anyway, back to the Julie & Julia thing.  Allowing yourself to embrace something that makes you unbelievably happy takes courage.  I hope that one day I find the courage within myself to turn my coffee & wine passion into a successful business.  The biggest obstacle I face is myself.  Finding that extra bit of confidence to take the leap of faith in my abilities is what I am going to work on.  

At least there is one thing I am sure about.  When I find that person that makes me happy, I know I am content within myself just the way I am & that the person won't complete me, but rather compliment me. 

Good luck on your journey to find your passion, let me know how it goes.

Take care,
Angelina xx


No comments:

Post a Comment