Tuesday 30 August 2011

Booty calls, the demise of relationships

The "booty call" (if I was saying this, yes I would make "  " bunny ears with both my fingers) and casual sex.  I blame them for the death of dating.  Over the years, like many of you, I have been in one or two of these (and I use the term loosely) relationships.  Whilst at the time they may seem fun, a little bit naughty and if you keep it underwraps, the sneaking around is indeed a thrill, ultimately as the woman when the rendezvous is over you end up feeling used and no better than an unpaid hooker.  

If what you are really seeking out of the affair is something other than a bit of fun here and there, there is no point trying to trick yourself into thinking you can handle it.  The allure and charisma these men tend to possess in spades, is often extremely hard to resist.  However, if you can't accept that the extent of the relationship will only be an hour or two under the guise of darkness and usually after a night at the pub, then back away carefully with your dignity, and clothes, intact.  

There will be no handholding, cuddling, meaningful 'how are you' text messages between rendezvous' in this relationship.  Kiss goodbye presents on your birthday, someone to listen to your daily dramas and a couch partner to watch movies with when you're bored.  What you can get used to is a drunken call when he is (I hate this word) randy, or worse when there was no-one better at the bar to pick up (hello to being second choice on the card for you!).

Basically, I'm saying a big NO to these types of modern relationships no matter how devilishly sexy, charismatic or alluring the man.  They screw with your head, make you feel awful about yourself and apart from the physical enjoyment, they provide nothing else of substance.  Even if Ryan Reynolds, Gerard Butler or Josh Duhamel offered themselves on a silver platter for one night only, I'd have to say no.

I'm not proud of my behaviour in the past when being under the influence of a hottie but I made a pact to myself after the last casual tryst that it wouldn't be happening anymore.  I want to put my energy into a relationship of substance, not one that will be over in an hour until my 'services' are next required.

What's your opinion on the downward spiral of modern day dating and the abundant use of the 'booty call' button?

http://www.exerciseandmind.com/content/booty-call-what-does-it-require

Best of luck resolving your modern day dating dilemmas,
Angelina x

No comments:

Post a Comment