Monday 2 January 2012

Here's Looking At You, 2012!

Ahhhhh, the start of a brand new year.  New year's day brings promise of new beginnings, optimism and hope for a productive and successful 12 months ahead.  My favourite part of a new year is the mass declaration of resolutions and goals for the year ahead, many of which after a month we've given up on cause we have put them in one of two boxes, either the 'too hard' or the 'I can't be arsed' one.

This year I haven't made the rookie mistake of concreting my resolutions via Facebook declaration or even putting them on paper and framing them.  This year they have stayed in my head, until now, where they will end up here for scrutiny or it's fanciful brother, ridicule.

This year I am going to recycle two of last year's resolutions, and throw in a third brand spanking new one.  So kids, brace yourselves and get back from the edge of your seat cause honestly, they really aren't that exciting.

Angelina's hopes & dreams for 2012......

* Finish uni  -  this was meant to happen in 2011 but honestly, I gave up and couldn't give a crap. However, I must finish it by 2012 or else they'll kick me out so yes, I will achieve this goal.

* Get fit  -  notice I said 'get fit', not lose weight.  If I lose weight that will be a bonus, but given I love food, actually not just love it's more like adore, honour, and obey it's every calling, this losing weight business is a useless plight.  Therefore, getting fit is my main goal.

And lucky last,

*  Push myself outside my comfort zone  -  this means saying yes to things I would normally say no to in an instant.  This year I want to try new things and experiences and stop playing it safe.

There you go, my hopes, dreams and resolutions for 2012.  If you want to be friends with scrutiny and it's brother ridicule, please leave me out of it.  I don't want to know your opinion because I don't really feel like being accountable to you for following through on the above.

They say what you do on New Year's day is what you will be doing for the rest of the year, given that most people are hungover on New Year's day that's an accurate prediction for the year to come.

Here's what I did on New Year's day, which if it continued for the next 354 days you'd hear no complaints from me.

 * (Top Left - Right) Couch time with Maxxis, Coffee on the deck (Bottom Left - Right) Adriano Zumbo (on DVD or in person, either one), Sex and The City relaxation and couch time


I wish everyone a happy and prosperous 2012.  What are your resolutions for the coming year?


Take care,
Angelina x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment